Sunday 17 April 2011

From a virgin blogger

Hello
are you there?
Is anyone listening
the door is ajar, a little.
The first blogs are published
out into cyberspace, like cowpats
falling from heaven to the barren earth below
warm, moist, full of promise, manure for the soul
or may be it's somehting else, simple
crap.

Scary
thoughts can be.
Words are seditious
an idea can spark a revolution.
Any moment the uprising will begin
the flood surge of words, good and bad,
a vertiable tsunami of adjectives and adverbs,
sweeping everything before it in a relentless tide.
An underflow of flotsam and jetsam -
WORDS!

Welcome to the first blog of "the escapee" (see About me). Why am I writing this blog and communicating my thoughts to the world?  About eight years ago I was a hard working stressed out lawyer, in my own practice and feeling very dissatisfied. Like most busy professionals I seemed permanently chained to my office desk, constantly battling to keep up and satisfy my clients with no end in sight.  Was this the life I really wanted to live all the way into old age? No, was my clear answer and after some thought and planning I sold my legal practice and embarked upon a very different much more enjoyable life. I had escaped the imprisonment of professional life and its unremitting responsibilities.  As soon as I did an amazing thing happened.  Many other professionals contacted me to ask me how I had done it.  How had I escaped? Sadly, despite my telling them, eight years later they are still asking me.

To answer their queries and to hopefully encourage others to live their lives instead of just surviving, I have written an E-book called, Escape your profession and save your life. It can be done!

In this blog I will reflect upon many aspects of life and work.  I'll write about making life changes, finding new careers and retirement options and probably many other things as the spirit moves me.  Sometimes, probably accidently, I may offer thoughts of deep philosophical insight, other times they may be shallow and obvious - but hey, I'm only human too.  Hopefully they may be helpful for those seeking an escape.  The only promise I may is to try hard to never be boring.

Cheers until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment